Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bye Bye Baby...

So Tegan is walking. Like, really walking. Not just the drunken stumble, the real thing. As a result my time spent indoors at the computer has greatly decreased. Ironically, the potential blog material is infinitely increasing with every step. Like learning how to step off curbs (or the lack there of), and screaming with delight when she is "set loose" in an open area, and her sudden complete disapproval with being held...EVER.

So until I get my sea legs with this whole walking business, my blog writing days are fewer are further between. I suppose this is my warm welcome to having a toddler. "Hi there! Welcome to the mother of a 1 year old club, please leave your last glimmer of free time and those ten pounds of left over baby weight at the door."

The baby weight reference is my desperate attempt at optimism about my increase in chasing my kid down. I see now why they make leashes for children. I have no plans to get one (don't quote me on this) but I can see where sheer desperation may lead to such shocking devices. And I mean, she's only gonna get faster and more ninja like,  and I'm only gonna get older and slower.

While I may be totally terrified by this walking thing, Tegan doesn't have a fear in the world, and she's the one who should! It's her bones and skin on the line! I suppose she hasn't learned fear yet. Perhaps walking might lead the start of this tough lesson. For now, she just goes in feet first (pun intended) with all she's got and never look back...literally, all I ever see is her ass.

(on the move)

No comments:

Post a Comment