Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No, No, Really. She's Different Than Other Babies.

So just like most of you reading this, I too, had very little interest in reading and hearing about all my friends woes and triumphs of child rearing. I hated the Myspace updates about how they picked their nursery bedding, and got the most amazing diaper cake as a shower gift, and the 23 posts a day on potty training, lack of sleep, inability to shower, the color of their child's most recent bowel movement, and so on.

Then I had a child. And then I became that annoying friend that all my un-child-ed friends "hide" or delete out of complete annoyance, or make the obligatory once monthly photo comment of "she's so big!".  The same friend that quickly falls off the frequent calls list and party invites.  I know this. So to show you all that I'm not one of "those moms" I have dug my heals in deep and screamed from the top of my lungs "I am a proud mom, but I swear I'm still cool, and I get tattooed, I was totally at Casey's when that really funny thing happened, and I'll so be at the show next weekend, and....oh, no wait...I have to  stay home and go to bed at 8pm, so I can wake up to feed my child and sing the apples and bananas song 137 times before noon.  Never mind, wrong person all together."

The thing is, I'm okay with it...most of the time.  In my own defense, she's just so fucking adorable (Tegan, if you're 13 now and reading this, remember the "f" word is reserved only for those moments when you really want to make a point, and those points should never be made to your mother).

In all honesty, this blog will likely be more of that same material from the same trick pony, but disguised by some (hopefully) clever writing and humorous antics courtesy of the wonderful Miss Tegan aka Misses Bater aka Baby Bird aka Tater aka Stink-o-patomus (this could go on forever). And if nothing else, you can mock my poor grammar and correct my inability to use the proper form of "their".

So I hope you enjoy the humor that comes with my learn-as-you-go parenting combined with Tegan's overwhelming energy and talent for mess making. It may not be what the cool kids are doing, but at least I'm doing it with the coolest kid I know. 


4 comments:

  1. i do enjoy your humor, and i do read blogs. :) go, tegan, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, loVE, LOVE!!! so glad you did this... can't wait for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so weird when you find yourself on this "other" side, but relieving when you find you're not alone. Tegan is awesome and it just keeps getting better. You will love that you started this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome dude, can't wait to read about more of your trials/tribulations/adventures etc...I'm sure you're doing an amazing job and are still totally rad to the max. *ROGZ*

    ReplyDelete