Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Don't Have Anything To Do Today Except...

Feed the animals. Eat breakfast. Start the laundry.  Get Tegan dressed. Prepare breakfast. Empty the dishwasher. Load the dishwasher. Play with Tegan. Sing a song. Practice putting things in and out of a box 34 times. Read two stories. Watch the birds and practice saying bird. Switch the laundry.  Nurse. Rescue the cat from Tegan. Put her shoes and jacket on to go outside (you may think this is not a big deal, but let me assure you, it is). Walk to the stop sign. De-shoe.  Read more stories. Rock her to sleep. Nap.

Okay, so you get the point, and this is just the first TWO HOURS! Don't get me wrong sweet friend who is currently reading this on her lunch break in her cubical Downtown, I am very lucky to stay home with her, and avoid rush hour traffic, annoying bosses and deadlines...or hell, putting on real clothes for that matter. My point is simply that it blows my mind that while on paper I have nothing to do all day, I can't get anything done (except for the giant list of shit posted above).

I thought completing my teaching program with a year off of work would be a cake walk...HA! Once that girl was mobile, it was all over.  Try reading a text book, or typing a paper when you have to keep your child from scaling your shoe rack, or pulling down a bookshelf, or eating a cat turd. It's pretty much impossible. Okay, okay, I've typed myself into a corner here. So how do I have time to write this blog you might ask. Well, I guess I like ranting about not having time more than I like making good use of it. That's enough with the questions.

So when I'm 33 years old and I still don't have a Masters or my teaching certification, this is why.

(Please note her fuzzy accomplice. We'll get to him tomorrow)
  

1 comment:

  1. I have even less time, now that they're teens. :/ I don't know how it worked out this way... but, it's true. :)

    ReplyDelete