Saturday, February 26, 2011

Come On Baby, Make It Hurt So Good...

Tegan, like all babies, lacks empathy for the feelings she causes others.  This is most apparent when expressing her affection...odd, I know. "I love you soooo much, that I need to eye gouge you and bite your cheek simultaneously."  While this sounds like the way the un-dead might spend a romantic evening, this is how my daughter "loves" things. 

Especially the cats.  We have four. They all seem to do a pretty good job of bobbing and weaving to avoid her kung fu grip, but eventually everyone gets caught. Now the old ladies (Meeshka and Mona), are not to be fooled around with, and the sassy white one (whom I am pretty sure would be a gay hairdresser) is a urban cat myth few have seen. So that leaves her with one. Samson.

This cat always seems to be where Tegan is, and always seems to walk where Tegan is playing. He naps in her toys, plays alongside her, and I've even caught him licking her head a time or two. But the most wonderful thing about Samson is his never waning tolerance (and I secretly think delight) for "hugs" from Tegan. He just sits their...or lays there more like, as she crushes is frail little cat body, and squeezes her chubby little arms around his neck. 

So think about this.  I have just compared my child's methods for showing love to zombies, and now I'm telling you that a member of one of the most intolerant high-brow species on the planet enjoys it! It's like the twilight zone, or a Pixar version of Romeo and Juliet, or maybe more like a Paula Abdul music video.  Who knows. you can be the judge. 

All I know, is that the poster of the puppies in the basket hanging in the dentist's office ain't got nothin' on these two:


2 comments:

  1. Our first cat, Clovis, was exactly this way. My son would lie on him, pull his tail... All of it. I thought Clovis would eventually get tired of it all and start dodging my son, but never did. I'd even pick Clovis up and put him on top of the freezer (or something tall). It never failed; when I'd return to the living room, he'd be squished by my son.

    Great picture!! :) Love Tegan's expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love samson's exression! the pained love...that's what i see!

    ReplyDelete